Wireless Keypad (OWKP-BX) CodeDodger®
Testing Garage Door Opener
- Enter your personal identification number (PIN).
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles.
- Press and hold the PROG button. Keep holding and proceed to step two.
- Press and hold the 6 buttons. Keep holding and proceed to step three.
- Press the key with the arrow up/down triangles. Setting PIN on Keypad1. Press the following keys in order: 3, 5, 7, PROG (red LED blinks once per second).
- Enter your PIN (three to eight characters).
- Press the PROG key again (red LED blinks twice per second and turns off). Programming Garage Door Opener
Before you begin, be aware of the following:
For convenience, program your keypad before mounting.
If programming your garage door opener is disrupted at any point due to program failure, clear/reset your keypad. Then, start over.
Locate the “Learn Code” button and the “Learn Code” red LED indicator.
Programming One Garage Door Opener:
- Press the “Learn Code” button once (red LED indicator will blink).
- Enter your PIN.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles. The “Learn Code” indicator LED will stay on.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles a second time. The “Learn Code” indicator LED will turn off.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles a third time. The garage door should now move.
Programming Two or Three Garage Door Openers. All garage door openers will use the same PIN.
Programming Garage Door Opener Keypad
- Enter your PIN and press the PROG button (red LED blinks once per second).
- Press the PROG button a second time (red LED blinks twice per second).
- Press the total number of doors you wish to control (either 2 or 3).
- Press the PROG button a third time (red LED blinks several times and turns off).
Programming Garage Door Opener:
- Decide which door will be Door 1, 2 and 3. “Learn Code” indicator LED (on opener) blinks.
- Enter your PIN and press the arrow up/down triangle button. “Learn Code” indicator LED continues to blink.
- Press the number you have picked for this door opener: 1, 2 or 3. “Learn Code” indicator LED stays on.
- Press the arrow up/down triangle button a second time. “Learn Code” indicator LED turns off.
- Press the arrow up/down triangle button a third time. The garage door should move.
- Repeat steps one through five for programming each garage door opener. Each door opener must be programmed to receive the signal from the wireless keypad.
Troubleshooting Tips• If the garage door does not move, check the red LED on the keypad.
- If the LED blinks rapidly, the PIN was entered incorrectly.
- Any keypad button will control the door for 30 seconds after the door starts moving.
- Rapid blinking of the LED indicates an error. After a few seconds, the LED will turn off, and you can retry.
- If the red LED does not blink during use, the battery needs to be changed.
Mounting Instructions1. Remove the battery cover:
- Drill a 1/16″ hole for the top mounting screw.
- Install a screw into the top drilled hole, leaving a 1/8″ gap between the screw head and the wall.
- Hook the keypad over the screw.
- Mark the bottom hole, then screw in the bottom screw.
- Reinstall the battery cover.
Should you need additional information about installing or programming your garage door opener or remote, please call us today. We are here to HELP!
Call us Today +1 (858) 547-3600
Overhead Door Company of Southern California – 12215 Kirkham Road Suite 200, Poway, CA 92064
We are proud to serve the areas of Greater San Diego County and the following Cities:
San Diego County Cities:
Alpine, Bonita, Bonsall, Campo, Camp Pendelton, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, Dulzura, and El Cajon. As well as Encinitas, Escondido, Fallbrook, Imperial Beach, Jacumba, Jamul, Julian, La Jolla La Mesa, Lakeside, Lemon Grove, MCAS Miramar. And also, Mira Mesa, Mt. Palomar, Poway, National City, Ocean Beach, Oceanside, Olivenhein, Pacific Beach, Pala, Pine Valley, Potrero, Rainbow. Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego San Marcos, Santa Ysabel, Santee, San Ysidro, Solana Beach, Spring Valley Valley Center, Vista, and Warner Springs.
Riverside County Cities:
Temecula, Murrieta, Murrieta Hot Springs, Menifee Winchester, French Valley and also the surrounding Cities.